New Standard 104" Sofa
Too legit. Too legit to quit.
Sometimes it is not about starting from scratch, but rather revisiting past designs and making them better. The New Standard modern sofa is simplicity at its best - with a twist. Now new and improved. Wide arms and inviting loose cushions all come together with tuned proportions and show stopping legs.
Also available in leather.
Shop the entire New Standard Collection.
• Sturdy kiln-dried American hardwood frame, doweled and corner blocked for added strength
• Sinuous steel springs provide durable support beneath cushions
• High resiliency foam cushions with feather down wrap provide a mix of firm support and comfort, and with use will take on a more casual appearance. To promote even wear over time, we recommend fluffing and flipping cushions frequently after use.
• Powder-coated steel legs
• Fifth support leg at center
• Nixon Blue / Sand: 46% Acrylic / 43% Cotton / 11% Polyester
• Sanford Black / Coal: 63% Polyester / 37% Acrylic blend upholstery
• Spitzer Grey: 100% Polyester
• Some assembly required
The New Standard Collection
We didn’t design our first upholstered piece until Blu Dot was seven or eight years old. Designing sofas is different than designing most other things. It can often be less about new ideas and clever solutions and more about making beautiful forms with a welcoming sit – comfortable sculpture. New Standard is definitely that - nicely proportioned with carefully crafted cushions that have surprising comfort. And the sweet little leg on this sofa doesn’t just look cool. It was designed this way because it is always hard to attach a leg cleanly and directly at the outside corner of a sofa, as all the fabric comes together at that point. That’s why New Standard’s legs attach to the frame inboard and appear to “float” at the corners. It’s always a bonus when solving a practical problem leads us to an interesting aesthetic detail.
Designing stuff we love.
Every day here in Minneapolis.
Standard Shipping rates are 7% of your merchandise total.
Large items are shipped via common carrier (a freight company). You will be contacted one to two days in advance to schedule a Monday through Friday delivery appointment.
Inside delivery with assembly is available for an additional $149 per order.
Please note, delivery drivers do not walk dogs, cook meals or take off their shirts.
Thrilled. Delighted. Satisfied. This is how we want you to feel about your Blu Dot purchase. If you aren’t happy with your purchase, notify us within 10 days of receipt and we will take it back for a full refund or exchange it.
If something arrives damaged or defective, let us know and we will make arrangements for a replacement or refund if necessary.
Please note that original delivery fees are non-refundable and additional shipping fees may apply.