Mix it up.
Rhyme, reason, regality—it’s all here. Method is a stellar medley of disparate elements that appear to flit and float. A beautiful architectural frame ties it all together for a cohesive and marvelous assemblage of parts. Delicate wood armrests richen the experience. Recommended for casual rendezvous and serious relaxation.
- Powder-coated steel tube frame
- Solid wood armrests
- Felt pads on underside of feet to prevent floor scratches
- Tibit Ivory (Faux Shearling): 100% Polyester | 100,000 Double Rubs
- Tomato Velvet: 82% Polyester, 18% Cotton | 100,000 Double Rubs
- Skidway Ink: 100% Polyester; plush weave | 50,000 Double Rubs
- Ink Leather: An aniline leather with a soft matte finish and velvety feel; Variation in the natural leather becomes more beautiful with use; Leather seat with coordinating ink velvet chair back
- Loden Velvet: 82% Polyester, 18% Cotton | 100,000 Double Rubs
- Loden Leather: A full aniline leather that is buffed and finished with a light wax and clear topcoat for a smooth, natural look and feel; the leather's surface is further polished with heat and pressure for a clean, modern aesthetic
- Color variation is a signature to the authenticity of natural leather
- BIFMA rated
- Ships fully assembled
The Method Lounge Chair
The brief for Method was simple; design a lounge chair with an interesting mix of materials. After sketching for some time we landed on an idea where the main components of a lounge (seat, back, and arms) are separate ‘modules’ tied together by a thin steel frame. We felt this approach would impart a certain lightness to the chair and allow us to really dial in the comfort by slightly tweaking the ‘modules’ in relation to one another. A few more rough sketches to figure out the construction details and it was time to head into the shop and make something we could all sit on. The prototype came together easily and required only a few slight adjustments to get us all to agree the comfort was on point. We gave the wood element on the arms the pebble treatment, removing all the sharp edges and softening the flat surfaces. We really love the material combos we came up with; durable (and cleanable) leather seats paired with the plush velvet of the back. Shearlings a new material for us and we think it works really well with the playful nature of this silhouette.
Designing stuff we love.
Everyday here in Minneapolis.
This Might Interest You
In stock items typically ship out from our warehouse within 5-10 business days.
Reserve now, ships later: These items typically ship within 5-10 business days once they arrive in our warehouse.
Standard Shipping rates are 9% of your merchandise total. Optional upgrades and total cost are finalized at checkout. Visit our shipping page for options and policies.
Thrilled. Delighted. Satisfied. This is how we want you to feel about your Blu Dot purchase. If you aren't happy with your purchase, notify us within 10 days of receipt, and we will take it back for a full refund or help you find a suitable replacement.
If something arrives damaged or defective, let us know and we will make arrangements for a replacement or refund if necessary.
Please note that original delivery fees are non-refundable and additional shipping fees may apply.