Instant curve appeal.
A clean, organic shape sets up a strong profile and a responsive seat for countless comfortable hours spent studying or snacking. Slim powder-coated steel legs make a simple statement, while a swivel base lets you keep your eyes on all the action. Add a seat pad for instant attraction. Also available as a barstool.
- 3D bent ply with wood veneers
- 360-degree steel swivel base
- Glides on feet to protect floor’s surface
- Oblivion: Painted wood seat with black powder-coated steel base
- Oxblood: Painted wood seat with oxblood powder-coated steel base
- Navy Green: Painted wood seat with navy green powder-coated steel base
- Grey Green: Painted wood seat with putty powder-coated steel base
- Putty: Painted wood seat with putty powder-coated steel base
- White Oak: White oak veneer seat with black powder-coated steel base
- Walnut: Walnut veneer seat with black powder-coated steel base
- BIFMA rated
- Some assembly required
Clean Cut Chair
Sometimes a search for beauty drives design utility. Clean Cut is a perfect example. The market is full of shell chairs, too "contemporary" or retro in appearance, often made of wood composite or plastic. Practical, but not memorable. Turning to bent plywood allowed us to design a constantly curving, organic shape while keeping the profile thin and strong. It also made for a more responsive seat. From there, it became an exercise in subtle shape manipulation. Laying down curves with thin tape on a seating buck, we tested out silhouettes. We then converted our freehand shapes back into ones and zeros for the CAD file, which was a bit like reinventing fire, but led to something that expresses our refined, more comfortable, take on a much-loved classic—the modern utilitarian bent-ply chair.
Designing stuff we love.
Everyday here in Minneapolis.
This Might Interest You
This item ships via FedEx.
The final delivery options are determined in checkout based on your cart's contents and ship-to address.
If you aren't happy with your purchase, notify us within 30 days of receipt and we will take it back for a refund of the returning item(s) minus a 10% return fee.
After 30 days, you can do the same, but you will be charged a 20% return fee on the items returned. Original delivery fees are non-refundable and additional shipping fees may apply.