Charm school mascot.
Crisp edges. Clear form. Comfortable curves. Nothing to hide. Humble but still alluring. In it for the long haul, but open to casual seating encounters or just counters. If there was a dating app for chairs this would be Clean Cut's profile. Swipe right. Add leather or felt seat pads for instant attraction.
- 3D bent wood with wood veneers
- Plastic feet glides to protect surfaces
- Oblivion: Painted wood seat with Black powder-coated steel base
- Oxblood: Painted wood seat with oxblood powder-coated steel base
- Navy Green: Painted wood seat with navy green powder-coated steel base
- Grey Green: Painted wood seat with putty powder-coated steel base
- Putty: Painted wood seat with putty powder-coated steel base
- White Oak: White oak veneer seat with Black powder-coated steel base
- Walnut: Walnut veneer seat with Black powder-coated steel base
- BIFMA rated
Clean Cut Chair
Sometimes a search for beauty drives design utility. Clean Cut is a perfect example. The market is full of shell chairs, too "contemporary" or retro in appearance, often made of wood composite or plastic. Practical, but not memorable. Turning to bent plywood allowed us to design a constantly curving, organic shape while keeping the profile thin and strong. It also made for a more responsive seat. From there, it became an exercise in subtle shape manipulation. Laying down curves with thin tape on a seating buck, we tested out silhouettes. We then converted our freehand shapes back into ones and zeros for the CAD file, which was a bit like reinventing fire, but led to something that expresses our refined, more comfortable, take on a much-loved classic—the modern utilitarian bent-ply chair.
Designing stuff we love.
Everyday here in Minneapolis.
This Might Interest You
In stock items typically ship out from our warehouse within 15-20 business days.
Reserve now, ships later: These items typically ship within 15-20 business days once they arrive in our warehouse.
Standard Shipping rates are 9% of your merchandise total. Optional upgrades and total cost are finalized at checkout. Visit our shipping page for options and policies.
Thrilled. Delighted. Satisfied. This is how we want you to feel about your Blu Dot purchase. If you aren't happy with your purchase, notify us within 10 days of receipt, and we will take it back for a full refund or help you find a suitable replacement.
If something arrives damaged or defective, let us know and we will make arrangements for a replacement or refund if necessary.
Please note that original delivery fees are non-refundable and additional shipping fees may apply.