BUTTER YOU UP GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The BUTTER YOU UP GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) runs from 9:00:01 AM Central Time (“CT”) March 20, 2013 through 11:59:59 PM CT March 31, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. Sponsor: Blu Dot Design & Manufacturing, Inc., a Minnesota corporation, d/b/a/ Blu Dot, with headquarters at 1323 Tyler St. NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413 (the “Sponsor”).
4. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands) and residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are over the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, NordicClick Interactive, Shoutlet, Inc., or any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, agents, or advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and any such employee’s immediate family members (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and those living in the same household of each such employee (whether or not related), are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Quebec and where prohibited by law.
5. How to Enter: There are two options for entry during the Sweepstakes Period:
(1) Complete the online entry form on the Sweepstakes registration page at bludot.com/ButterYouUp (the “Blu Dot Page”); or
(2) Complete the online entry form on the Sweepstakes registration page at Facebook.com/BluDot (the “Facebook Page”).
By entering, entrants agree to receive marketing emails from Sponsor. Limit one (1) entry per person and per email address per day, regardless of entry method. However, to receive additional entries in the Sweepstakes, upon submitting your entry form via BluDot’s Facebook page, you will see “Get More Entries” where entrants can refer a friend by sharing the Sweepstakes through Facebook, Twitter, email or sending a direct link. For each referred friend who successfully submits and entry form, you will receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering, you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values:
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize. The Grand Prize includes the following:
(a) Your likeness carved in butter by a butter sculptor selected by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion. (Approximate Retail Value “ARV” - $1000).
(b) Up to $10,000 in furniture, accessories and delivery charges from Sponsor, as agreed to solely by Sponsor. (ARV - $11,000). Please note: if the winner
is a resident of CA, MN or NY, the grand prize winner will be solely responsible to pay any additional sales tax associated with receiving the prize.
Total ARV of all prizes is $12,000. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more than one Grand Prize. No cash substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason, including due to prize unavailability due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control.
7. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period.
8. Random Drawing: On or about April 1, 2013, a random drawing will be conducted to select the one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries.
9. Prize Conditions: Winner must provide a suitable picture in order to receive the butter sculpture. Any prizes and value of prizes won in the United States are in US dollars; any prizes and value of prizes won in Canada are in CDN dollars. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner; Sponsor is not responsible for any taxes and expenses the winner may incur as a result of the Sweepstakes or receipt of the Grand Prize. If the Grand Prize is won by an entrant from the U.S., Sponsor will provide the winner a Federal 1099 tax form. If potential winner is a resident of Canada, the potential winner must answer, without assistance of any kind, a timed, mathematical skill-testing question, to be administered by Sponsor either by mail, telephone, e-mail, or fax (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) before the awarding of the prize.
10. Prize Notification: The Grand Prize winner will be notified by email on or about April 5, 2013. Return of any prize notification email as non-deliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be randomly selected. An Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and Publicity Release will be attached to the notification email, which, where applicable and permitted by law, must be returned within 72 hours of the notification attempt. If the potential Grand Prize winner resides in the U.S. he/she also will receive a W-9 tax form, which must be executed and returned within 72 hours of the notification attempt.
Prizes for any potential prize winners whose completed Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, Publicity Release or W-9 tax form, for whatever reason, are not returned within 72 hours of attempted notification or who otherwise fail to comply with the Official Rules may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Alternate potential winner will be selected in the same manner, with the same requirements and within similar time frames as for the original winner.
11. Miscellaneous Terms: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, local and municipal laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all respects. Participants also agree to receive marketing emails from Sponsor and share certain Facebook profile information, if entered via the Facebook Page, with Sponsor. By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner further agrees: (1) that Sponsor may (unless prohibited by law) use winner’s name, comments, city of residence, photograph, image and/or likeness for advertising and/or other promotional purposes without further review or compensation in any media, in perpetuity, unless prohibited by law; (2) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, along with its affiliates, advertising and promotions agencies, prize suppliers and any other agency that provides services in connection with this Sweepstakes, Facebook and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents and contractors and successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all rights, claims, and causes of actions whatsoever that he/she may have, or which may arise, for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, damage, loss, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to any person, including death or property damage, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize in the Sweepstakes, or their participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related or prize-related activity. The winner also further acknowledges the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, condition or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize or the Sweepstakes itself.
Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for: error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive entry information on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information or the failure to capture any such information. Use of Blu Dot Page and/or Facebook Page is at user's own risk.
Sponsor reserves the right to: (1) void or disqualify any entrant or his/her entries who has engaged in unsportsmanlike conduct, fraud or other misconduct relative to this Sweepstakes, has acted in violation of the Official Rules, has attempted to tamper or impair the Sweepstakes, including by registering multiple email addresses; and (2) cancel, suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, at Sponsor’s sole opinion.
Sponsor warns all entrants that an attempt by a user, entrant or other individual to deliberately undermine the operation of the Sweepstakes or damage any website is a violation of civil and criminal laws. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person, should an attempt be made, to the fullest extent of the law.
12. Winner's Identification: The name of the Grand Prize winner will be available on the Blu Dot Page and Facebook web page.
13. Official Rules: For a copy of the Official Rules, go to bludot.com/ButterYouUp_OfficialRules or send a written request, including a self-addressed stamped envelope bearing sufficient postage (Canadian residents may omit return postage) to: Blu Dot, Sweepstakes Official Rules, 1323 Tyler St NE., Minneapolis, MN 55413. All requests must be received by April 15, 2013.
15. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising from, or in connection with, the Sweepstakes or Grand Prize shall be resolved individually. All issues and questions of the Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or Sponsor’s rights and obligations in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by the laws of the state of Minnesota (for claims by U.S. entrants) or the province of Ontario (for claims by Canadian entrants).